|Lucky Leaf Piano Technique Game|
- Print the tree game board, playing cards, and leaves onto cardstock.
- Cut out the playing cards and leaves. I cut the leaves out as closely as possible. They could also be printed on transparent paper.
- If desired, print blank cards and write your own directions on them!
- Laminate all pieces to extend game life.
To play (2-4 players):
- Set the game board up on the piano's music stand. Cover the keys with the lid to prevent small pieces from falling in between them.
- Place leaves in a pile between all players or adhere the leaves with poster tack around the base of the tree prior to the lesson (I chose the latter option).
- Shuffle the playing cards and place them face down in a pile.
- The youngest player starts, drawing a card from the pile. Player completes the direction on the card and places a leaf that matches the leaf on their playing card onto the tree.
- The winner of this game draws the "You Won" card and places the green leaf on the tree.
I played this game with my 2 year old by making simple adaptations. Some examples include:
- Wave your left hand!
- Wave your right hand!
- Clap your hands 4 times!
- Make circles with your fingers!
This game is available in my TeachersPayTeachers Store. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!
Also, check out my Freebie Cat Themed Ear Training Worksheet, just in time for fall!