- Acoustic piano (kept in tune/good repair) or an electronic piano with full-sized, weighted keys
- Either instrument should have a sturdy bench, adjusted to the proper height, music stand, and a good lighting source
Studio Code of Behavior
- Students are welcome in the studio, restroom, and waiting area located immediately inside the door. All other areas of the house are off limits.
- Please wash hands before lesson.
- Keep food, gum, and beverages out of the studio.
- Nails should be short; rings and bracelets must be removed prior to the lesson.
- Enter the house for the lesson no more than 5 minutes before the scheduled time and arrange to leave no later than 5 minutes following the lesson.
- Parents/guests are always welcome to watch the lesson, but friends/siblings may be asked to wait elsewhere if they are disruptive.
- Reimbursement for any damage caused to the studio and/or equipment/supplies by a student/parent/sibling/friend becomes that student's responsibility.
Tuition and Materials
- Tuition for the year is divided evenly into monthly or semester payments. This amount remains the same, regardless of the number of lessons per month. Tuition is non-refundable.
- Tuition can be paid monthly or per the 6 month semester. Please contact studio for pricing information.
- Tuition includes (but is not limited to): weekly lesson slots reserved specifically for the student in the teacher's schedule, planning and preparation for the lesson, practice incentives, extra materials and resources beyond the method book, student subscription to Piano Explorer Magazine, performance/ recital opportunities, and access to the studio lending library.
- Administrative Fees Include: Administrative FeesAnnual Registration,Method Book, Materials Fee$30.00Late Fee (any payment received after the 1st of the month)$10.00Returned Checks$25.00
- If payment for the semester/monthly plan is not received by the 5th day of the month, no lesson will be given and student will be removed from the schedule.
- Accepted forms of payment include auto-pay, online credit card payment, exact cash amounts, and/or check.
- Students are expected to attend all lessons. No payment credit will be provided for students who miss lessons for any reason. Please understand that the tuition paid reserves an exclusive weekly time in the teacher's schedule for the student.
- Regular attendance is essential to progress in lessons; irregular attendance will lead to lesson discontinuance.
- Students agree to arrive at each lesson punctually, well-prepared, and with their assignment books and music. Student promptness is the responsibility of the student/parents; time lost will not be made up.
- Daily practice time should be scheduled into the student's daily routine.
- Practice goals are 5 days per week, with approximately 15-45 minutes of practice each day, depending on the student's level and personal goals.
- Please practice within 24 hours before and after the lesson; this allows for the greatest retention of concepts and techniques.
- Consider using the apps that we use in lessons at home, as well!
- Lessons shall be weekly and year round. Please refer to the studio calendar that was sent home for information on closures due to holidays and other events.
- If a student needs to cancel a lesson, the teacher should be informed in writing at least 48 hours in advance to email@example.com.
- Any lesson that the teacher has to cancel will be made up or a credit will be given.
- On snow days, lessons will be given online via Skype.
- Stay home and rest when you are ill. The teacher reserves the right to send a student home if they arrive sick. Students will be invited to participate in the monthly group lesson once they feel better.
- There are no refunds, discounts, or make-up lessons given. In lieu of make-up lessons, one 45 minute group lesson will be offered to students on the 1st Saturday of each month. To qualify, student(s) must give 48 hours advance notice of cancellation and their account must be current.
- The studio operates on a year-long schedule; lesson slots will be reserved if tuition is paid in full. A student that leaves for the summer and does not pay tuition forfeits his/her lesson slot. There are no guarantees that there will be slots available in the fall.
Termination of Lessons
- Notice of lesson termination by the student should be given a month in advance. No refunds will be given for students who quit after they have paid tuition.
- The teacher reserves the right to dismiss a student for not following studio policies, lack of practice, or any negative behavior.